Why Do We Wait For Bad News? (to finally start exercising)

 


Hello, my friends in Oneness,

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day, as I surely did! Andrea and I gathered with my family at my sister Angela's beautiful home. As always, it was a magnificent day filled with the smiling faces of the little ones (my Great Nieces and Nephew), my nephews and nieces, their spouses, my sisters and brothers in law, and of course my Dad. The music, the stories, the food, and the booze were all flowing naturally as we enjoyed being together as a family.

But there was no food and booze for me!

Well, I didn't drink any booze, and Andrea did pack my own plant-based meal and snacks for me due to my current health situation. If I'm being totally honest, I did miss not partaking in our celebratory 'shots', although when the guys were taking a shot, I had my own 'Tumeric Immunity' shot! (a 2oz. organic drink from 'Suja'). The meal that Andrea made for me was simply amazing, so I didn't miss the Turkey et al. But when it came to dessert and I saw the table filled with brownies, pies, whipped cream, and fresh coffee, that was a pretty hard pill to not swallow, though I did refrain. When Andrea and I drove home, I mentioned to her that this was the first Thanksgiving EVER where I didn't leave feeling severely overstuffed! I felt great! And as I am typing this on Black Friday morning, I still feel great and can't wait to get to the gym! This leads me to my next installment in this blog trilogy:

Why Do We Wait For Bad News? (to finally start exercising)

Thankfully, I did not wait for my bad news to start exercising. I've maintained some workout regiment for my entire life, and now more than ever, I realize the importance of exercising. As you know, I tie every topic that I discuss back to Oneness, and the reason for that is simple. It is because we come from Oneness. We come from this one source of which we are an individualized expression. That source is spirit, and although we are spirit as well, for our journey in this physical realm, we have a 'body' that we get to inhabit while we are here. This body is our home. It is our source for life. It is totally magnificent. It protects us at all costs and has the innate ability to thrive and to heal. But (and just like the last blog, there's another BIG BUT!)

We have to care for this one and only body!

My very good friend, and fellow Oneness advocate, Caroline Chang (Awake 2 Oneness Radio), calls our body, 'OUR SPACESUIT'. What a great description! When we see videos of astronauts taking a spacewalk, we all assume that they have taken EXTREME precautions to make sure every facet of that spacesuit is secured and functioning properly. Because we know that if there is even one tiny malfunction, they could perish instantly. Our bodies are our spacesuits. They are the homes in which we reside, and as magnificent as they truly are, like a spacesuit, they still need attention. The last blog asked why we wait for bad news to start eating healthy. In this installment let's address why we wait for bad news to finally start exercising.

The question typically reverts back to taking our bodies for granted. Just like eating healthy or not, we assume our bodies will tend for themselves. Think about it, there are many people who think that as long as they're breathing and have no specific pain, they're OK. But just like the vehicle that you drive, if it is not maintained, something is bound to go wrong. It is really just a matter of time. As it pertains to exercising, you don't need to become a 'gym rat' as they say. You could follow the simplest of routines, three to five times a week just to raise your heart rate. We all know or have heard of the many benefits that come from exercising regularly. If not, here are just a few:

reduce risk of heart attack, manage your weight, lower your blood pressure, lower your blood cholesterol, lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers, have stronger bones, muscles and joints, combats health conditions and diseases, improves your mood, boosts your energy, promotes better sleep, and improves your sex life (woo-hoo!)

In Oneness, we learn to celebrate ALL that we are. Our spiritual essence as well as our magnificent bodies. Because on this journey, we can't have one without the other. We are literally just like the astronauts. There is really no difference. We're on a planet where we need something to keep us alive. A body. A spacesuit. Call it what you may. Just don't take it for granted, and by all means, don't wait for bad news to finally start taking care of it.

In Oneness,

'That Oneness Guy'

Comments

Popular Posts