Cancer Patients & The Holidays

 


Hello, my friends in Oneness, and 'Happy Holidays'!

Today is Monday, December 26, 2022. The day after Christmas, the start of Kwanzaa, the end of Hanukkah, and the start of the holiday week, leading up to New Year's Eve and the start of the new year. (aka, 'The Holidays')

For this edition, I want to focus on my fellow cancer patients, in the hopes that you are finding your way through these joyous times to the best of your ability. I, for one, have always found myself becoming very melancholy during the holidays. I guess it's the 'artistic' side of me. For, example. Is there anyone else out there who cries when they hear The Carpenters 'Merry Christmas Darling'? I mean, come on. How can you not? If you've lost a loved one at some point in your life, and you hear the angelic voice of Karen Carpenter singing so beautifully:

"I've just one wish, on this Christmas Eve. I wish I were with you. I wish I were with you."

Now, I fully understand the intentions behind her lyrics, but I digress back to the 'artistic' side of me that hears those words and imagines my mother's beautiful, smiling face. Oh, how I miss her so. And as I'm typing these words, I have to take a deep breath because I'm becoming verklempt.

(short break. Very similar to the break that Kramer takes in the 'Seinfeld' episode when he's the talk show host on the Merv Griffin set. "....And, we're back!")

My point is this. Because I'm naturally emotional during the holidays, and now going through my second holiday season as a cancer patient, and feeling the worst I have all year, it's really fucking difficult. I have to think that I'm not the only one out there feeling this way. If you are someone going through this experience, or if you know of one, please reach out via email. Let's help one another! (hit me up at: dannyrongo@gmail.com)

I am blessed to have my amazing wife Andrea at my side, my loving family, and an abundance of dear friends who all have 'got my back' as the saying goes. I have my angels (led by my Mom), and an unwavering spirituality that I've cultivated for decades, and yet, I am struggling right now. Andrea said that the best day I've had so far, was Christmas Eve. And that was because she was sick herself (yeah, the holiday double whammy). She says that I was doing OK, because my focus was on her, and not myself, which for most married couples makes sense.

So, maybe there's a fellow cancer patient out there, going through a rough patch right now, either physically, emotionally, or both. Let's help each other! We'll share depressing holiday stories, and lament over our cancer! Hey, it just might work!

And, don't even get me started with 'Auld Lang Syne'! The most depressing song ever written. Geez!!


In Love, Light, and Oneness,

Danny
'That Oneness Guy'

Comments

Popular Posts