Expecting a Miracle (Day 4)

 


Thursday, January 12, 2023  (Day 4)

Hello, again my friends in Oneness,

Well, last night's radiation treatment was much easier to handle. The nurses were able to reposition my right shoulder which allowed them to undo one of the bolts securing me to the table. This made all the difference in the world as it took some of the pressure I was feeling on my Adam's Apple that was triggering a gagging reflex and inhibiting my breathing to a degree. Plus, I had the nurses give me updates through the procedure as to how much time was left. I told them that I'm weird in that way, but it helps me to know how much time is left. So, with timely updates, and yours truly Danny Rongo playing in the background, I got through this session relatively easily.

I then went upstairs to get a 2-hour hydration session through my mediport. Anyone who has experience with chemotherapy knows the importance of these hydration sessions. So, I watched some 'Seinfeld', did some throat and jaw exercises, and before I knew it, I was done and heading back home. Something I noticed last night, which seems to be a trend, is my incessant need to spit! It seems that at night, my body is producing saliva at a staggering rate. I have to spit every minute or so, and this goes on for hours. Again, mostly at night. Weird, huh?

So, when I got home around 8 pm, Andrea had dinner waiting for me. I was 'kind of' hungry, so I got most of it down. This is starting to be a concern, because I only ate two meals yesterday, breakfast and dinner. This will not be good enough as I move forward. So, as soon as I got up today, I had breakfast right away, and as I'm writing this blog, I just finished my lunch, as I am getting ready to head back to MSK for my 4 pm radiation treatment. I will have dinner tonight with Andrea and hopefully, another protein shake, as I have to focus on getting my meals and protein (and water, too).

I'm going to leave it for now, as I have to get in the shower and get ready to leave.

Thank you again for your continued support.

In Oneness,

Danny

https://www.thatonenessguy.com/

Comments

Popular Posts