"You Should Go And Love Yourself"

 


Hello, my friends in Oneness, Yes, I'm not only paying homage to the lyrics from the Justin Bieber smash hit, but I'll show you how I covered the song in the video below! I love when I get inspired by fellow spiritual speakers and authors. I just finished reading the latest book by Anita Moorjani called "Sensitive is the New Strong". It's an outstanding and informative guide subtitled 'The Power of Empaths in an Increasingly Harsh World'. One chapter that grabbed so much of my attention was focused on loving oneself. "Cause if you like the way... This chapter got me to look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I was happy with what I saw. I was not. I saw what appeared to be an old, extremely thin man with a feeding tube sticking out of his stomach. Not an image most would deem attractive, to say the least. But, because of Oneness, I knew that the image staring back at me was not the whole me. I knew that my body was only a small part of all that I am. That the majority of 'skinny-old Danny Boy' was more than the reflection in the mirror. It was from that moment that I realized, even more, the importance of loving myself, especially now because I allowed my ego to briefly take control. you look that much... I wanted to share my example because I know there are many out there who are also going through an illness and may not be pleased with their appearance. I just want to remind them that, as it is with me, our appearance is temporary. Our bodies are taking care of us and will return to what we're used to seeing. BUT, (and this is a big 'but', which is something that some folks may not be pleased with either, read: 'butt') we shouldn't allow any aspect of our physicalness to determine how much we love ourselves. oh baby... Loving ourselves unconditionally should always be our top priority for so many reasons. It is how we remain connected to our source (God) because we came from love. It is how we raise our vibrations energetically to allow the Law of Attraction to flow to, and through us. When you love yourself, you become less judgmental of yourself, and the world around you. Loving yourself adds that energy to our collective consciousness which so desperately needs more positivity. If you're someone who believes that loving yourself to that extent is selfish, you're thoughts are stemming from fear, which is your ego laying claim to separateness. There is nothing selfish, nor narcissistic in loving ourselves as greatly as we deserve. Unless you've discovered something new, your body is the only one you'll get during this specific life journey. Its sole (or should I say 'soul') function is to take care of you and to keep you alive. It deserves every ounce of TLC we choose to give to it, and more, and in addition to what I've already mentioned, when we love ourselves unconditionally, WE'RE HAPPY! Shouldn't 'being happy' be a top priority as well? Of course, it should. Just remember that the person looking back at you in the mirror represents only a small percentage of who you are, only about 20%. That other 80%, the unseen spirit is who you truly are. (check out the iceberg):
Yes, the essence, or the spirit that is you (your soul) that chose your body before incarnating, and the same essence you will return to, represents so much more than your physical body. Love and nurture your spirit as much as your body, if not more! Your body is finite, your spirit is infinite. If I had to choose one over the other, you know which one 'That Oneness Guy' is picking! But it's not about choosing one aspect of our divinity over the other. Love and spoil all that is you, both the physical and the spiritual. Knowing that all we have is right now, celebrate ALL that you are in every waking moment. Take my advice, and although he may have had another thought in his head, we can still take 'The Biebs' at face value when he said: "You Should Go And Love Yourself"

Enjoy the video!
In Oneness,

Danny
'That Oneness Guy'

Comments

Popular Posts